@ -14,3 +14,20 @@ If you want to buy a paper version with a fancy colored cover, printed up as a l
You can buy issue [#001](https://git.kjodle.net/kjodle/the-codex/src/tag/Issue-001) on my etsy shop [here](https://www.etsy.com/listing/1099735271/the-codex-a-zine-about-linux). Through the end of October 2021, you can get a [20% off coupon here](https://www.etsy.com/shop/WolfgangsWishlist?coupon=HALLOWEEN2021). (That will also apply to whatever else we throw up in our shop, I do believe.)
I used a handful of packages to make this document, which I've listed below, along to their page on CTAN where you can read the full documentation.
* [graphicx](https://www.ctan.org/pkg/graphicx) --- Provides extended support for images.
* [kpfonts](https://www.ctan.org/pkg/kpfonts) --- A different font than the AMS fonts, which is a little heavier and easier to read for some.
* [makeidx](https://www.ctan.org/pkg/makeidx) --- Creates indexes (or, indices, if you prefer). I didn't actually use this one. Maybe next time.
* [geometry](https://www.ctan.org/pkg/geometry) --- Flexible and complete interfact to document dimensions.
* [fancyhdr](https://www.ctan.org/pkg/fancyhdr) --- Gives you more control over page headers and footers.
* [multicol](https://www.ctan.org/pkg/multicol) --- Provides for more than two or more columns in selected areas.
* [wrapfig](https://www.ctan.org/pkg/wrapfig) --- Allows you to wrap text around figures.
* [hyperref](https://www.ctan.org/pkg/hyperref) --- Support for hypertext (i.e., links). (Protip: use the *hidelinks* option to get rid of the annoying red boxes around links in the pdf form. Thanks to reddit user 0b0101011001001011 for this tip!)
* [tabto](https://www.ctan.org/pkg/tabto-ltx) --- Allows you to set tab stops. (I used this one to get multiple paragraphs in a footnote. Still scratching my head about that one.)
* [ulem](https://www.ctan.org/pkg/ulem) --- A package for making lines through text. In my case, I just wanted a simple strikethrough.
Also reddit user -LeopardShark- recommended using the package [microtype](https://www.ctan.org/pkg/microtype) to get finer typographical control. Maybe in the next issue.